Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Mosquito experiments

A few weeks ago, I experienced the feeling of being an "all-you-can-eat" buffet for a little cluster of mosquitoes. Well, I assume it was a cluster, since I found multiple bites over my legs, but I guess that it could've been just one greedy, indecisive one!

Well, as a little experiment, I decided to just treat one of these bites with Reiki, and let the others heal by themselves (I'm not a fan of that after-bite ammonia stuff). Next day, after just one short treatment, the treated bite had stopped itching, but I still felt itching or discomfort from the other bites.

Now, no good scientist relies on the results of one case study to form a definitive conclusion. So, when the buffet opened for business again, three days ago,  I had the chance to run another test! This time, I decided to heal the left leg and leave my right leg alone. Once again, Reiki seemed to ease the itching. The left leg eased for the rest of that evening and the following day. The right leg, meanwhile, drove me nuts! (In fact, it still does occasionally, three days later!!) The only sensation in the left leg came the following day, when the lowest bite on the left leg did seem to start itching again, but a little repeated treatment has helped.

As I sit here, still itching, I have decided that mosquito experiment #3 will be performed on EVERY bite... because these things are driving me crazy right now!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment